Saturday, December 29, 2012

Shopping lessons

My daughter still will be seen with me (for short periods of time) in public, so we still get to do things together. Today we went shopping to see if we could score some bargains. Shopping with my duaghter is not only a great opportunity to stay connected, but it becomes a learning experience for me. For instance, I was not aware that my sense of style borders on the grotesque. I did not know that. I also did not know that I should be shopping in, and I quote my child, "the old lady section". News to me. While I always thought of myself as a little bit funny, I was made aware today that I am, in fact, "so not funny". And, that brings me to the biggest lesson of the day- "mom, you are so embarrassing!". Wow, what an eye opener today was. Now excuse me while I put on my granny nightie, make some tea and get ready for bed. OLD LADY, HUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment