Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Christmas

Yesterday was Christmas and we had a great day. Both girls were in good moods and they called a truce to the fighting for this one special day (got right back into it first thing this morning, though). My oldest daughter desperately wanted a pair of UGG boots and my youngest daughter begged, and begged, and begged for a Barbie Dream house. I did my best to convince them that Santa would not bring such extravagant gifts, even faking real sorrow that they would be disappointed on Christmas morning. So, for my husband and my amusement, Santa hid these two gifts and wrote a note in their stockings that they had one more gift each and to go and look for them. Prior to finding this note, my husband and I were gifted with my older daughter's expectant face when she first saw all the gifts, which turned into horror and disappointment as she opened the gifts under the tree and assessed that the size and shape of the remaining boxes indicated that they clearly did not possess her most wanted gift. And, although I hate to admit it, we got a real kick out of her disappointment and subsequent joy and elation when she finally found her UGGs! So, since they both got the gifts that they wanted, all was quiet on the home front yesterday. It could have easily gone the other way if Santa had not delivered, so THANK YOU SANTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment