Sunday, December 23, 2012

Can I get you anything else?

Ok, I know as a mother I am a lot of things. I am a maid,a cook, a waitress, a nurse, a friend, a disciplinarian, a confidant and so much more. However, it never ceases to amaze me at the length my pre-teen goes to to ensure the least amount of effort is put out by her. She avoids work like she avoids being nice to her sister. Today, as she is sitting at the breakfast bar, she says to me- in another room- that she would like some noodles for lunch. I said, "ok, just heat the ones up on the couter". She proceeds to ask me to please do it for her. Being nice, I move to make her the noodles. She, however, was not done placing her order. She says, "oh, and can you put the butter on before you heat it and make sure the butter is completely melted"? I know that I have said this before, but REALLY??

No comments:

Post a Comment