Saturday, January 5, 2013

4 am wakeup call

We got a call at 4 am this morning. When the phone rings at 4am, your heart stops and you know immediately that it can be nothing good. So, I jumped out of bed to answer the phone. It was my daughter who had slept at a neighbor's house. She was wondering if we could come pick her up because her stomach sort of hurt. GOOD GOD!! I asked if it really hurt, and she said it was not that bad. So, of course, I told her to go back to sleep, we would not be coming out in the cold to get her and I did not want her waking the neighbors to come home. To this she replied, " I won't wake them up, I will leave quietly." OMG, does she not think at all? Can you imagine our neighbors when they woke up finding that my daughter was no longer in their house? Can you imagine their panic? I told my daughter to go back to sleep and come home in the morning. She comes home this morning. I asked how she was feeling. She said fine so I said, " you weren't really feeling bad were you?" to which she replied, "no, I just woke up and didn't want to be there any more". Again, and I don't think I can use this too much during this story, OMG!!! Really? So, after her call, my sleep wasn't great since I had nightmares of her getting sick all over the neighbors' house. I always thought it would get easier as they grew older. Boy, was I deceived!

No comments:

Post a Comment